Thursday, May 26, 2011

Faux Hostess Cupcakes


This week's cupcakes are faux-Hostess cupcakes. Hostess cupcakes are one of my favorites. They are a guilty pleasure that I might indulge in once a year...if that. This week I decided to make my own version of the famous, delicious Hostess cupcake. I made these for my classmates and teachers at my new job. I'm in training for 2 weeks then I'll get to move on to my designated location. They went over pretty well. My husband also got to take some to work. The recipe I used made 41 cupcakes!

I used the Martha Stewart Devil's Food cake recipe from her Cupcake book. I double dipped the cupcake tops in chocolate ganache. I did a marshmallow cream-type filling and I made frosting for the famous squiggle. The cupcakes were pretty tasty but very time consuming. I was getting frustrated with them but when I take the first bite and they turn out delicious, it is all worth it!





No comments:

Post a Comment