Sunday, August 14, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes

Today I made chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. I saw mini chocolate chips in the store and that is what made me want to make these cupcakes. At first I was going to make just plain chocolate chip cupcakes with a chocolate chip buttercream, but I went the extra step further and made these.

For the cupcakes I used my own yellow cake recipe. The recipe called for one cup sugar so instead I did half a cup of white sugar and half a cup of light brown sugar. I also added one cup regular semi-sweet chocolate chips. For the filling I used an egg-less cookie dough recipe from Annie's Eats. The frosting is a "cookie dough" buttercream. I was kind of skeptical about this recipe at first because the recipe called for one cup of flour....but the end result was good. I does taste like cookie dough. It even has the grainy texture that cookie dough has. The frosting recipe is also from Annie's Eats. I sprinkled mini chocolate chips on top of the frosting and garnished with a small homemade chocolate chip cookie.

These cupcakes were pretty good. I'm happy with the way they turned out. Here is the recipe if you are interested.

Chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes on my new vintage Depression Era glass cake stand.

Chocolate chip cake, chocolate chip cookie dough center, chocolate chip cookie dough frosting with mini chocolate chips sprinkled on top with a homemade chocolate chip cookie garnish....whew that is a lot of chocolate chips!





Featured On:

2 comments: