Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Maple Bacon Cupcakes 2

About this time last year (more along the lines of the end of August of last year), I made maple bacon cupcakes because a friend requested them. I made them again this year because my husband's coworkers requested them. They haven't gotten cupcakes in a while so I decided to make them some. These turned out even better than last year's! This time I decided to candy the bacon (husband's idea...plus bacon is the candy of meats!) and add a little drizzle of syrup on top of the cupcake. I've never had candied bacon before...let me just say, it's DELICIOUS!

I love the maple cupcakes because they taste like fall and I'm really starting to get in the fall spirit!

For the recipe, you can find it here.

To candy the bacon, I put 4 slices (next time I'll do 6) in a bowl with light brown sugar and tossed it around. Then I laid the bacon slices on a cooling rack on a parchment lined baking sheet. I set the bacon in the oven on high broil for a few minutes then flipped. Cook to your desired crispness. The bacon does crispen up a little once cooled.

For the buttercream, I used 2 sticks of softened butter, 4 cups powdered sugar, about a tablespoon of real maple syrup, teaspoon of vanilla bean paste, and milk (to get desired consistency).

I also drizzled a small amount of syrup on each cupcake.








No comments:

Post a Comment